Scope and Contents
Lafayette Grover's diary includes entries on his travels from Philadelphia to Portland and on his relations with figures such as Chief Justice Nelson.
- Grover, La Fayette, 1823-1911 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
La Fayette Grover (1823-1911) served as Governor of Oregon from 1870-1877 and was then resigned to become a United States Senator.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Lafayette Grover served as Governor of Oregon from 1870-1877 and then resigned to become a United States Senator. His diary includes entries on his travels from Philadelphia to Portland and on his relations with figures such as Chief Justice Nelson along with his view on legislature.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Oscar Furuset, an alumnus of the University of Oregon, to the Historical Archives of the University of Oregon on March 5th, 1939.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Governors -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon National Historic Trail -- Description and travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Territory -- Politics and government Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Politics and Politicians Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Guide to the Lafayette Grover Diary
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team, Amanda Steele, and Chasmodai Cassidy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.