Scope and Contents note
Collection comprises screenplays, screen treatments, and other literary properties.
N. C. Goldstone was senior member of the Goldstone-Tobias Agency, Inc., Beverly Hills, California, founded in 1932.
The properties include: screenplay, "The Winner," by Houston Branch; novel, "The Republic of Irving," by Howard Fast; screenplay, "The Phantom Strikes," by Paul Gaer; novel, "The King Between," by David Martin; screen adaptation, "The Delightful Defector," by Alden Nash; screen treatment, "Puccini," by Mary Loos Sale.
Agency rights to these properties are held by Mrs. Nathan C. Goldstone.
- circa 1935-1965
- Goldstone, Nathan C. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Nathan C. Goldstone (1904-1966) was a senior member of the Goldstone-Tobias Agency, Inc., founded in 1932 in Beverly Hills, California.
0.5 linear feet (1 container)
Language of Materials
Collection comprises literary properties of Nathan C. Goldstone and the Goldstone-Tobias Agency, Inc. Properties include screenplays, screen treatments, and other works by Houston Branch, Howard Fast, Paul Gaer, David Martin, Alden Nash and Mary Loos Sale.
General Physical Description note
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Branch, Houston, 1905-1968
- Fast, Howard, 1914-2003
- Gaer, Paul
- Literary agents -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Martin, David, 1915-1997
- Media and Communication Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Nash, Alden
- Sale, Mary Loos
- Screenplays Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Nathan C. Goldstone Papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.