Kaye M. Teall papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes manuscripts of From Tsars to Commissars: The Story of the Russian Revolution, published by Messner, in 1966. Manuscript material includes an original typed version with edits, and a final draft with printer's corrections. The collection also includes a published copy of the book.
Other material includes notes and fragments for unknown works.
There is also correspondence (1964-1966) with Edith Margolis of Lenniger Literary Agency, and also with Julian Messner, Inc.
- Julian Messner (Firm) (Person)
- Margolis, Edith (Person)
- Lenniger Literary Agency (Organization)
- Teall, Kaye M., 1922?-1983 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Kaye M. Teall was born in Wichita, Kansas, and educated at the University of Oklahoma. Teall became a free-lance writer and television teacher.
0.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 manuscript box
Language of Materials
Kaye M. Teall was a free-lance writer and television teacher, and was represented by the Lenniger Literary Agency. The collection (1964-1967) contains manuscripts, and correspondence with Lenniger Literary Agency, and Jullian Messner, Inc.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
Collection processed by staff; and Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Authors and publishers -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Communism -- Soviet Union -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Drafts (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Historians -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lenniger Literary Agency
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publishers and publishing -- United States -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soviet Union -- History -- Revolution, 1917-1921 -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soviet Union -- Politics and government -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Teall, Kaye M., 1922?-1983
- Teall, Kaye M., 1922?-1983
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Kaye M. Teall Papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA