Lester C. Poor papers
Scope and Contents
The sermons in the collection are arranged by sermon number, which corresponds to a date range. The date ranges are: 1897-1900; 1902-1904; 1904-1916; 1918-1929; 1930-1936; and 1937-1947. A paper finding aid available in the reading room gives a listing of the sermon title, number, and date ranges.
Also available are two folders of sermon notes and outlines.
- Poor, Lester C., 1874-1967 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 manuscript box
Language of Materials
Lester C. Poor (1874-1967) was a Methodist Episcopalian minister. The collection (1897-1947) contains sermons, sermon notes, and outlines.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
Collection processed by staff, 1967.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Methodist Episcopal Church -- Oregon -- Clergy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Methodist Episcopal Church -- Sermons Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Poor, Lester C., 1874-1967
- Religion Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Sermons Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sermons, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Lester Poor Papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA