Scope and Contents
The collection contains manuscripts and research notes of one novel, and the manuscript contains edits.
There are also manuscripts of twenty-nine confession stories, and material includes outlines, drafts, and revisions. Correspondence includes over fifty letters from Edith Margolis, of Lenniger Literary Agency, 1961 to 1965.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
John J. Miller (1930 - ) was born in New York City, and attended the St. Francis School of Nursing, Columbus, Ohio. He began writing for publication in 1959. His stories often contained settings and characters in the medical profession. Miller was represented by the Lenniger Literary Agency.
0.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 manuscript box
Language of Materials
John J. Miller (1930 - ) is a writer of novels and confession stories that often contained settings and characters in the medical profession; he was represented by the Lenniger Literary Agency. The collection (1961-1965) contains manuscripts, and correspondence with the Lenniger Literary Agency.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
Collection processed by staff; and Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- American fiction -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors and publishers -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Confession stories -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lenniger Literary Agency
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Medical fiction -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Medical novels Subject Source: Local sources
- Publishers and Publishing Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Short stories Subject Source: Local sources
- Guide to the John J. Miller Papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).