Francis Keally Papers
Scope and Contents note
The collection includes architectural drawings, correspondence, building specifications, photographs, publications, and miscellaneous material relating to the design and construction of the Oregon State capitol in Salem, Oregon.
- Keally, Francis, 1889-1978 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Francis Keally was architect of the Oregon State capitol building, and was consulted about alterations to it. At the time of the construction of the state capitol, he was an Associate Architect with the Offices of Trowbridge and Livingston, Architects, New York, New York.
0.5 linear feet (1 containers)
Language of Materials
Francis Keally was architect of the Oregon State capitol, and was consulted about alterations to it.
Collection is organized into the following series:
Series: Drawings and plans
Series: Correspondence and Specifications
General Physical Description note
1 container, 1 folder
Processing Information note
Collection processed by processing staff, March 1968.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Architects -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architectural Drawings Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Architecture Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Capitols -- Designs and plans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon State Capitol (Salem, Or. : 1938- ) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Salem Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Salem (Or.) -- Architecture Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Francis Keally Papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by processing staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA