Scope and Contents note
This collection contains correspondence, manuscripts, tearsheets, and miscellaneous items such as invitations, itinerary, travel brochures, clippings, and leaflets from Bohanon's travels in India, Pakistan, Israel and Italy.
The collection includes correspondence, manuscripts, diary, and articles about Ms. Bohanon, as well as other miscellaneous items from Bohanon's travels in the Philippines from September to December 1964. Also included are correspondence, a report, diary, and miscellaneous items from Bohanon's travels in Nigeria in April 1965. The collection includes a diary and miscellaneous items from Bohanon's travels in Zambia, Tanzania and Kenya in March 1966.
- Bohanon, Eunice Blake, 1904-1997 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Eunice Blake Bohanon (1904-February 16, 1997) spent several years living in New York and New Hampshire. During her career she was a representative for both Franklin Books and the Department of State, encouraging the development of children's literature and book publishing in foreign countries.
0.5 linear feet (1 container)
Language of Materials
Eunice Blake Bohanon (1904-February 16, 1997) was a representative of the Department of State and Franklin Books, encouraging the development of children's literature and book publishing. This collection contains correspondence, manuscripts, tearsheets and other miscellaneous items such as itineraries, invitations, travel brochures, clippings, leaflets, diaries, photographs, articles about Ms. Bohanon, reflecting her travels from 1964-1966 as a representative.
General Physical Description note
Processing Information note
Collection processed by processing staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Children and Youth Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Children's literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Franklin Book Programs
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Photographs Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Publishers and publishing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women diplomats -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Eunice Blake Bohanon Papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by processing staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.