Scope and Contents
The collection consists of manuscripts, published stories, and professional correspondence.
The manuscripts are organized alphabetically by title and include 148 manuscripts that contain notations on to whom the story was sold.
Published articles are organized alphabetically by title and include notations on the publisher and publishing date.
Professional correspondence includes correspondence with the Lenniger Literary Agency (1940-1965), miscellaneous correspondence, and additional manuscripts with accompanying correspondence.
- Gorman, Mary, 1908- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Mary Gorman (Palmtag) (1908 - ) was born in Omaha, Nebraska and educated at the University of Omaha College of Law. Gorman wrote romance and confession stories and she was first published by McFadden Publications (now McFadden-Radell). Her confession stories have appeared in Modern Romances, True Story, Secrets, Personal Romances, and True Confessions.
3 linear feet (2 containers) : 2 record storage boxes
Language of Materials
Mary Gorman (Palmtag) (1908 - ) wrote romance and confession stories. The collection consists of manuscripts, published stories, and professional correspondence.
Collection is organized into the following series: Manuscripts, Published Works, and Correspondence.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
Collection processed by staff, 1967.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lenniger Literary Agency
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Love stories Subject Source: Local sources
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publishers and publishing -- United States -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Romance fiction -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Short stories Subject Source: Local sources
- Women authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Mary Gorman Papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).