Norman Elliott papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes business correspondence, tax, financial, and legal records and ranch ledgers.
Business correspondence contains incoming letters that are organized alphabetically by name or title and includes 200 letters.
Business records consist of tax records, operating expenses (1935-1945), titles, deeds, contracts, and other financial records, ranch ledgers (1927-1945), and miscellaneous business papers.
- Elliott, Norman N., 1869- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Norman N. Elliott (1869 - ) was born in Robbinsville, Oregon. He was a rancher in Baker County, Oregon for many years. He originally purchased 640 acres that he ran as a stock farm which later grew to 25,000 acres, of which 2,300 acres were kept as grazing land. Elliot was an active member of the Oregon Wool Growers Association, Baker Loan and Trust Company, First National Bank of Baker, Baker Production Credit Association, and the board which built Unity Dam on Burnt River.
3 linear feet (2 containers)
Language of Materials
Norman N. Elliott (1869- ) was a rancher in Baker County, Oregon and an active member of farm and banking organizations. The collection includes business correspondence, tax, financial, and legal records, and ranch ledgers.
Collection is organized into the following series: Correspondence and Business Records.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
1 record storage box, 1 oversize flat box
Collection processed by staff, 1967.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Baker County (Or.) -- History Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Business records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Elliott, Norman N., 1869-
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Legal documents Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ranchers -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ranching Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Ranching -- Oregon -- Baker County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Norman Elliot Papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA