Scope and Contents note
The collection includes biographical information, news clippings, manuscripts, and publications of her work.
- Levinger, Elma Ehrlich, 1887-1958 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Elma Levinger (October 6, 1887-1958) was an author, nationally known for her plays and books on Jewish history and culture. Born in Chicago, she was educated at the University of Chicago, and at Radcliffe College. Elma Levinger won numerous prizes for her plays and novels, including an award of honor for her outstanding contributions to Jewish juvenile literature by the National Jewish Book Council. Twelve of her books have been done in Braille.
1.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 record storage box
Language of Materials
Elma Levinger (1887-1958) was an author known for her books on Jewish history and culture. The biographical material, manuscripts, and publications in the collection represent her work.
Collection is organized into the following series:
Series: Biographical Information
Processing Information note
Collection processed by processing staff, August 2006.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- American literature -- Jewish authors Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children and Youth Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Jewish Americans Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Jewish authors -- United States -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jewish literature -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jews -- History -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Levinger, Elma Ehrlich, 1887-1958
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult literature, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Elma Ehrlich Levinger Papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by processing staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.