Scope and Contents note
The Peggy O'More Blocklinger papers contain the author's novel manuscripts, holographic notations, publications, rough drafts, as well as correspondence, scrapbooks, photo albums, teleplays, plays and poetry.
- O'More, Peggy, 1895-1970 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Peggy O'More Blocklinger (September 18, 1895-July 1970), known for her children's novels, was born in Tacoma, Washington. She attended public schools in Oregon, Washington, and California. Aside from her novels, she worked as a news reporter, newspaper columnist, and a branch librarian. Her novels have been published under the several names: Peggy O'More, pseudonym Jeanne Bowman, and pseudonym Betty Blocklinger.
15 linear feet (10 containers)
Language of Materials
Peggy O'More Blocklinger (1895-1970) was known for writing youth novels. This collection contains manuscripts, poetry, publications and correspondence, which reflect her work.
Collection is organized into the following series:
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Gift of Peggy O'More Blocklinger in 1969.
Processing Information note
Collection processed by processing staff, September 1970.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Children and Youth Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publishers and Publishing Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult literature, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Peggy O'More Blocklinger papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by the processing staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.