Selected papers of William G. Purcell
Scope and Contents note
The collection includes architectural plans, correspondence, reference materials, and literary manuscripts that reflect the career of William Gray Purcell, architect.
- Purcell, William Gray, 1880-1965 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
William Gray Purcell (1880-1965) was an architect in partnership with George Grant Elmslie (1869-1952). They designed buildings in the "Prairie" or "Progressive" style in the East (Pennsylvania), the Midwest (Minnesota and Illinois), and the West (Oregon).
3.5 linear feet (3 containers)
Language of Materials
William G. Purcell (1880-1965) was an architect in the firm of Purcell and Elmslie (active 1907-1921). The collection includes architectural drawings, correspondence, publications, and literary manuscripts.
Processing Information note
Collection processed by processing staff, March 1986.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Architects -- United States -- 20th century -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architectural Drawings Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Architecture Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture -- United States -- 20th century -- Designs and plans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Elmslie, George Grant, 1871-1952
- Jager, John
- Prairie school (Architecture) -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Purcell and Elmslie
- Purcell, William Gray, 1880-1965
- Sullivan, Louis H., 1856-1924
- Guide to the Selected Papers of William G. Purcell
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by processing staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA