Thomas G. Greene papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of political correspondence, corporate records, diaries, and office files.
The political correspondence largely concerns the direct primary (1904), the Democratic Party of Oregon, and the Alfred E. Smith campaign, 1904, 1931-1935. Also included is correspondence of the Board of Bar Examiners and the Oregon State Bar Association, 1922-1928.
There are eleven volumes of diaries that reference legal cases and Democratic politics, from 1894-1900 and 1902-1905.
Corporate papers include records of the Air Tight Stove Co., 1903-1905, the Noon Estate Co., 1911-1921, the Remington Liquor Co., 1908-1909, and the Wilson-Case Lumber Co., 1903-1913, all of Portland, Oregon. Also included is a case file for Ed Rugger, et al vs. Mt. Hood Electric Co., 1931-1933.
The office dockets and ledgers cover the years 1896-1912.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Thomas G. Greene (1860-1944) was born in Washington County, Indiana, and obtained an LL.B. degree from the University of Oregon Law department in 1892.
2.1 linear feet (2 containers, 1 volume)
Language of Materials
Thomas G. Greene (1860-1944) was born in Washington County, Indiana, and obtained an LL.B. degree from the University of Oregon Law department in 1892. The collection consists of political correspondence, corporate records, diaries, and office files.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
1 record storage box, 1 legal manuscript box, 1 volume
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Business records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Democratic Party (Or.)
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Greene, Thomas G. (Thomas Gabbert), 1860-1944
- Lawyers -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1859-1950 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Political campaigns -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Politics and Politicians Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Primaries -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Smith, Alfred Emanuel, 1873-1944
- Guide to the Thomas Gabbert Greene Papers
- Revise Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA