Joseph Thomas Donaldson papers
Scope and Contents
Papers include financial documents such as contracts, sales receipts, accounting records and a certificate of weight. His papers mostly consist of handwritten incoming correspondences to Joseph Donaldson and his family from Arkansas and Texas. Letters range from 1864-1897.
- Donaldson, Joseph Thomas, 1848- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Joseph Thomas Donaldson was a hop grower in Springfield and Thurston, Oregon. He married Elizabeth Caruthers and they had three sons.
0.3 linear feet (3 containers) : 3 folders
Language of Materials
Joseph Thomas Donaldson was a hop grower in Springfield and Thurston, Oregon. Papers include financial documents such as contracts, sales receipts, accounting records and a certificate of weight. His papers mostly consist of handwritten incoming correspondences to James Donaldson and his family.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Agriculture Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Agriculture -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architectural drawings Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hops Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Springfield (Or.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Thurston (Or.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Guide to the James T. Donaldson Papers
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team, Amanda Steele, and Chasmodai Cassidy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA