Bertram Telfer McBain papers
Scope and Contents
The papers include ten proposals for pulp mill sites in Aberdeen, Grays Harbor, and Kalama in Washington; in Astoria, Bonneville, Columbia River, and Depoe Bay, in Oregon; on the Priest River in Idaho; and in Alaska and Montana.
There is also a manuscript history of the pulp and paper industry in the Pacific Northwest.
Also included is a photograph album and a scrapbook regarding the Crown Pulp Mill, Oregon City (1914), and a photograph album of construction of the Oregon City-West Linn bridge (1922).
- McBain, Bertram T. (Bertram Telfer) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Bertram Telfer McBain was a paper mill manager and consultant.
1.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 record storage box
Language of Materials
Bertram Telfer McBain was a paper mill manager and consultant. The papers include proposals and studies for pulp mill sites, a manuscript history of the pulp and paper industry in the Pacific Northwest, photographs and a scrapbook of the Crown Pulp Mill, Oregon City (1914), and photographs of construction of the Oregon City-West Linn bridge (1922).
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
Collection processed by staff, 1964.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Businesses and Corporations Subject Source: Archiveswest
- McBain, Bertram T. (Bertram Telfer)
- Oregon City (Or.) -- Photographs Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Paper industry -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Paper mills -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pulp mills -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Wood-pulp industry -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Bertram Telfer McBain Papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA