Andrew Carrick papers
Scope and Contents
The collection is primarily comprised of 850 manuscript sermons dating from 1898 to 1938. There is also a file of funeral sermons, 1916-1942, filed by name of deceased.
- Carrick, Andrew, 1862-1948 (Person)
Language of Materials
Collection materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Andrew Carrick, a Presbyterian minister, was born in North Dumfries, Ontario, Canada, and educated at University of Toronto and Knox Seminary of the Canadian Presbyterian Church. He served parishes in Emerado-Ardoch, North Dakota (1891-1898), Berthoud, Colorado (1898-1899), Holdredge, Nebraska (1899-1901), Corvallis, Oregon (1901-1904), Brownsville, Oregon (1904-1906), Camas, Washington (1907-1909) and Tualatin Plains Presbyterian Church, near Hillsboro, Oregon (1909-1937).
15 linear feet (10 containers)
The papers of Andrew Carrick, a Presbyterian minister, is primarily comprised of 850 manuscript sermons dating from 1898 to 1938. There is also a file of funeral sermons, 1916-1942, filed by name of deceased.
Collection was processed in 2010. Collection was physically reprocessed, and intellectually inventoried by Anna Fleming in 2017.
- Presbyterian Church -- Clergy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Presbyterian Church -- Oregon -- Clergy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Religion Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Sermons Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Andrew Carrick papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA