Scope and Contents
The collection contains manuscripts (some with edits and corrections) of poems and short stories, including confession stories.
Correspondence includes rejection and acceptance letters from publishers, including letters from Harold S. Merriam. There are also letters from fans of Ryan's work.
The collection also contains a partial list of magazines and newspapers that published Ryan's stories. Also available is one publication titled, True Experiences, October 1931.
- Ryan, Queene B. Lister (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 manuscript box
Language of Materials
Queene B. Lister Ryan, of Portland, Oregon, wrote true confession stories, poetry, short stories for magazines and newspapers. The collection (1927-1956) contains manuscripts of poems, short stories, including confession stories, and correspondence.
Collection processed by staff in the 1970s, and Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- American literature -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors and publishers -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Confession stories -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Poetry Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ryan, Queene B. Lister
- Ryan, Queene B. Lister
- Short stories Subject Source: Local sources
- Women authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women authors, American -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Queene B. Lister Ryan Papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)