Scope and Contents
Collection consists of Paul Darst's diary of his plains crossing from Fort Laramie, Wyoming to Oregon City, Oregon.
- Darst, Paul, 1819-1874 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Paul Darst (1819-1874) was an early Oregon Pioneer who crossed the plains in just four months with a small group.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Paul Darst was an early Oregon Pioneer who crossed the plains in just four months with a small group. Paul Darst diary of plains crossing, from Fort Laramie to Oregon City.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Diaries Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Fort Laramie (Wyo. : Fort) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Oregon National Historic Trail Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon National Historic Trail Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon National Historic Trail -- Description and travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Diaries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Paul Darst Diary
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Amanda Steele
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.