Edward Samuel "Tige" Reynolds papers
Scope and Contents
The collection (1900-1931) contains correspondence, clippings, original drawings, published cartoons, collections, scrapbooks, and mementos.
- Reynolds, Tige, 1877-1931 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Edward Samuel "Tige" Reynolds (1877-1931) was born in Oskaloosa, Iowa, and relocated to California in 1892. Reynolds married Mary Irene Brunton, in Fresno, Fresno County, California on June 14, 1903.
He worked as a newspaper cartoonist for the San Francisco Post, Fresno Evening Democrat, Tacoma Ledger, and from 1911 to 1931 for the Oregonian. He was known as "Tige" Reynolds.
1 linear feet (2 containers)
Language of Materials
Edward Samuel "Tige" Reynolds (1877-1931) worked as a newspaper cartoonist for several Northwest newspapers, including the the San Francisco Post and the Oregonian. The collection (1900-1931) contains correspondence, clippings, original drawings, published cartoons, collections, scrapbooks, and mementos.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
1 manuscript box and 1 flat box containing 5 volumes.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Cartoonists -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cartoons Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Clippings Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Drawings Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964
- McAdoo, W. G. (William Gibbs), 1863-1941
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reynolds, Tige, 1877-1931
- Reynolds, Tige, 1877-1931
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century -- Caricatures and cartoons Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World politics -- 20th century -- Caricatures and cartoons Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Edward Samuel "Tige" Reynolds Papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)