Richard Wilbert Perry autobiography and miscellaneous papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes Perry’s unpublished autobiography, "Memoirs of a Medico," as well as other miscellaneous papers.
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Richard Wilbert Perry (1874-1957) was born in Cannington, Ontario, Canada. He took his medical degree at Trinity College. In 1898, he was a construction doctor on the Canadian Northern Railway, working the line being built from Port Arthur to Winnipeg. He went around the world as a ship's doctor in 1901 and settled in Seattle in 1902. During World War I, he served as a flight surgeon in the American Expeditionary Forces.
1 linear feet (2 containers)
Language of Materials
Richard Wilbert Perry (1874-1957) was a medical doctor who travelled the world before settling in Seattle, Washington. The collection includes Perry’s unpublished autobiography, "Memoirs of a Medico," as well as other miscellaneous papers.
General Physical Description note
Processing Information note
Collection is processed.
- Autobiographies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Canadian Northern Railway Company
- Manuscripts (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Medicine and Health Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Physicians Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Physicians -- Canada Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Physicians -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces
- Guide to the Richard Wilbert Perry autobiography and miscellaneous papers
- Preliminary Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.