Philip Condit diary
Scope and Contents
Collection consists of a photocopy of the diary describing Philip Condit's 1854 trip across the plains from Council Bluffs, Iowa to the Willamette Valley.
- Condit, Philip, 1801-1856 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Philip Condit (1801-1856) was a pioneer who traveled from Iowa to the Willamette River Valley in 1854.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Philip Condit diary describes his trip across the plains from Council Bluffs, Iowa to the Willamette Valley.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Overland Journeys to the Northwestern United States Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Diaries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Willamette River Valley Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Philip Condit Diary
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team, Amanda Steele, and Chasmodai Cassidy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA