Scope and Contents
The collection contains field diaries, articles, an account book, Xi Sigma Pi correspondence, and photographs.
The field diaries are from Hanzlik's work with the Forest Service, and are from 1921-1934.
There are also folders containing notes and articles written for the Oregonian, an account book (1929-1933), Xi Sigma Pi correspondence (1923-1931), other miscellaneous papers, and photographs of family and of forests and logging, some with descriptions on the back.
- Hanzlik, Edward John, 1886-1959 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Edward John Hanzlik (1886-1959) was a graduate of the University of Washington College of Forestry, 1912. He spent most of his career in the Pacific Northwest in the field of forest management.
2.5 linear feet (4 containers)
Language of Materials
Edward John Hanzlik (1886-1959) was a graduate of the University of Washington College of Forestry, 1912 and spent most of his career in the Pacific Northwest in the field of forest management. The collection contains field diaries, articles, an account book, Xi Sigma Pi correspondence, and photographs.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
3 clamshell boxes and 1 8x10 photo box.
Collection processed by staff, 1995.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Field notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Forest management -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Foresters -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Forestry and Forestry Products Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Hanzlik, Edward John, 1886-1959
- Logging -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregonian (Firm)
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. Forest Service
- Xi Sigma Pi
- Guide to the Edward John Hanzlik Papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).