Scope and Contents
Papers, which span 1832-1858, include his obituary, the story of his wife Jane Burnside Caufield, correspondences, treasurer reports and finance reports.
- Caufield, Robert, 1805-1891 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Robert Caufield (1805-1891) was born in Broughshane County, Ireland, May 5, 1805 and moved to Oregon City in 1847 where he became a county judge and opened a grocery store.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Robert Caufield was born in Broughshand county, Ireland and moved to Oregon City in 1847. His papers include his obituary, the story of his wife Jane Burnside Caufield, correspondence, treasurer reports and finance reports.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Caufield, Jane Burnside
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon City (Or.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Pioneers Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Pioneers -- Oregon Territory Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Robert Caufield papers
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team, Amanda Steele, and Chasmodai Cassidy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.