Scope and Contents
This collection includes family letters, financial materials, family business papers, and other miscellaneous family papers. A sizeable portion of the collection consists of the papers of Frances Case Moreland Harvey, including writing, correspondence, and a folder of material on the castilloa (castilla) rubber plant.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
William M. Case (1821-1903) and Isaac W. Case (1831- ) were brothers. William came to Oregon in 1844, and Isaac in April of 1850.. William Case was Marion County (Oregon) Commissioner from 1862 to 1874. Isaac Case was a merchant and banker. He went to the Idaho mines in 1862 and later settled in Astoria, where he founded the Astoria Savings Bank. Frances Case Moreland Harvey (1844-1920) was born on the journey to Oregon in 1844. Her relationship to William and Isaac Case is unclear.
1 linear feet (2 containers) : 2 manuscript boxes
Language of Materials
William M. Case and Isaac W. Case, brothers came to Oregon in the 1840s. Isaac Case was a merchant and banker. He went to the Idaho mines in 1862 and later settled in Astoria, where he founded the Astoria Savings Bank. This collection includes family letters, financial materials, family business papers, and other miscellaneous family papers.
Box 1: Case family correspondence and documents, 1843-1902; Box 2: Financial papers of the Case family, Frances Case Moreland Harvey correspondence and writings; Chronological arrangement.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Robert Case.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Astoria (Or.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Frontier and pioneer life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Northwest, Pacific -- History Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Oregon National Historic Trail -- Description and travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Pioneers -- Oregon Territory Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rubber plants Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Case Family Papers
- Preliminary Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Jenn Newby
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.