James Thornton Chinnock papers
Scope and Contents
Case files in the collection regard the following: Beaver Portland Cement Company; California Oregon Power Company; Grants Pass Irrigation District; and Little Butte Creek and Tributaries.
The collection contains a two volume index to claimants.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
3 linear feet (2 containers) : 1 clamshell box, 1 flat box
Language of Materials
James Thornton Chinnock (1882 - ) was an attorney in Grants Pass, Oregon. The collection (1920-1928) contains case files relating to water rights cases in Josephine County, Oregon.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
Collection processed by staff, June 1995.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Beaver Portland Cement Company
- California Oregon Power Company
- Case files Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Chinnock, James T. (James Thornton), 1882-
- Grants Pass Irrigation District (Or.)
- Jackson County (Or.) -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Josephine County (Or.) -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Lawyers -- Oregon -- Grants Pass Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legal files Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Little Butte Creek (Klamath County and Jackson County, Or.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Natural resources -- Law and legislation -- Oregon -- Cases Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Water -- Law and legislation -- Oregon -- Cases Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Water and Water Rights Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Water rights -- Oregon -- Jackson County -- Cases Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Water rights -- Oregon -- Josephine County -- Cases Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the James Thornton Chinnock Papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA