Colbert Hanchett Cannon day books
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of property books, a scrapbooks, and day books (1907, 1909, 1910, 1912 - 1915; 7 volumes total), which list patients, diagnosis, treatment, and charge, and contain personal diary entries.
The 1915 volume was continued after Dr. Cannon’s death by his widow, Dr. Alma Anderson Cannon. Also included are a property book, 1909 - 1917, and a scrapbook.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Colbert Hanchett Cannon was a physician in Eugene, Oregon. His wife, Alma Anderson Cannon, was also a doctor.
3.5 linear feet (10 containers) : 2 clamshell boxes, 8 loose volumes
Language of Materials
Cannon was a physician in Eugene, Oregon. The collection consists of property books, a scrapbooks, and day books (1907, 1909, 1910, 1912 - 1915; 7 volumes total), which list patients, diagnosis, treatment, and charge, and contain personal diary entries.
Material within this collection may have little to no intellectual or physical arrangement. Any arrangement may have derived from the records' creators or custodians. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Collection processed by staff, 1995; and Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Cannon, Alma Anderson
- Cannon, Colbert Hanchett, 1846-1915
- Daybooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Medical care -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Medical records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Physicians -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women physicians -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Colbert Hanchett Cannon Day Books
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).