Willis Chapel Barrett papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains project files, reports, correspondence, and maps.
Project files are organized by title and titles include Huai River Commission, Irrigation and Dr. Delta, State Department, Yangtze Tributaries, Yellow River, and Final Report.
The Huai River Commission project material regards flood control, navigation and irrigation.
There is also a folder of personal material and a folder of miscellaneous material.
- Barrett, Willis Chapel, 1891-1963 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Willis Chapel Barrett (1891-1963) was a civil engineer. He worked for the U.S. State Department on the Yellow River conservancy project in China.
1.5 linear feet (3 containers) : 3 clamshell boxes
Language of Materials
Willis Chapel Barrett (1891-1963) was a civil engineer who worked for the U.S. State Department on the Yellow River conservancy project in China. The collection contains project files, reports, correspondence, and maps.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
Collection processed by staff, 1995.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Civil engineering -- China Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Civil engineers -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Flood control -- China -- Huai River Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Huai River Commission
- Irrigation Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Maps Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Project files Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- River engineering -- China Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Yangtze River (China) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Yellow River (China) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Willis Chapel Barrett papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA