Scope and Contents
The papers consist of correspondence, 1899-1959, much of it commentary on current events. One section of correspondence concerns property in Hull, England, 1920-1950. Also included are manuscripts, including book length and film/plays.
Manuscript titles are Fable, Blackie: The Autobiography of a Cat, Billy, Man's Best Friend, The Flag, and Who Is To Blame?.
- Anderson, Van Winkle (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Van Winkle Anderson was a Realtor in Portland, Oregon. He was also a writer.
1 linear feet (2 containers) : 2 clamshell boxes
Language of Materials
Van Winkle Anderson was a Realtor in Portland, Oregon, and a writer. The collection consists of correspondence and manuscripts.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
Collection processed by staff, 1995.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- American fiction -- 20th century -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Anderson, Van Winkle
- Anderson, Van Winkle
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Motion picture authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Motion picture plays Subject Source: Local sources
- Oregon Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Real estate agents -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Van Winkle Anderson Papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).