Scope and Contents
The Anne Tedlock Brooks Papers contain original manuscripts for her books Singing Fiddles, Fire in the Wind, and The Gay Young Blade. There is also a great deal of correspondence with agents and editors, particularly Willis Wing, May Cameron of Samuel Curl, Inc., and Arcadia House publishers.
- Brooks, Anne Tedlock (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Anne Tedlock Brooks (1905-1980), a writer of novels for young people, was born in Columbus, Kansas. Brooks attended the Kansas State Teachers College, the University of Oregon, and the University of San Francisco. She also published under the pen name Ann Carter. She and her husband Mark L. Brooks are both survived by their son Markus William Brooks.
3 linear feet (2 containers) : 2 record storage boxes
Language of Materials
Collection comprises correspondence, publications, and literary manuscripts of novels for young people by American author Anne Tedlock Brooks, including her works Singing Fiddles; Fire in the Wind; and The Gay Young Blade. Correspondence is mainly with agents and editors, particularly Willis Wing, May Cameron of Samuel Curl, Inc., and Arcadia House publishers.
Collection is organized into the following series: correspondence, book manuscripts, and publications.
Collection processed by processing staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Brooks, Anne Tedlock
- Brooks, Anne Tedlock
- Children and Youth Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Publishers and publishing -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult fiction, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Anne Tedlock Brooks Papers
- Complete Description
- Processing staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.