Scope and Contents note
The collection includes Arneson's official diaries, which report on his work as a forest ranger in the Tieton district in Washington, including such matters as trail building, fire fighting, timber sales, inspecting, and office work. Diaries span from 1922-1931 and 1941-1947. Also included is one folder of miscellaneous papers from 1920 to 1928 concering ranger duties.
- Arneson, Arnold, 1885-1957 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Arnold Arneson lived from 1885 to 1957 and worked as a forest ranger in the Tieton district of Washington (State).
1 linear feet (2 containers) : 2 manuscript boxes
Language of Materials
Arnold Arneson was a forest ranger in the state of Washington's Tieton district. The collection comprises diaries from the 1920s and 1940s that describe his daily activities as a ranger, as well as miscellaneous papers from the 1920s regarding ranger duties.
Collection is organized into the following series: Series I. Diaries; Series II. Papers.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Diaries Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Diaries -- Washington (State) -- Tieton Region Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Fire extinction -- Washington (State) -- Tieton Region Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Forest management -- Washington (State) -- Tieton Region Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Forest rangers -- Washington (State) -- Tieton Region Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Forestry and Forestry Products Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Trails -- Washington (State) -- Tieton Region -- Design and construction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Washington (State) Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Guide to the Arnold Arneson papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by Vida Germano
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.