Scope and Contents
Collection includes the diary and records of Williams in seventeen volumes. Volumes 1-13 (diaries) were written chronologically from 1852-1894. Volumes 14 and 15 include records and his account book. Volume 16 and 17 contain his cash book and other records. Volume 18 incudes his last will and testament.
The volumes includes documentation of marriages (1849-1897), baptisms (1852-1896), memberships (1849-1891), funerals (1859-1895), and church administration performed by Reverend Williams in Pennsylvania and Oregon.
- Williams, Moses Allen, 1811-1897 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Moses Allen Williams (1811-1897) was a Presbyterian minister serving the community in Southern Oregon.
1.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 record storage box
Language of Materials
Williams was a Presbyterian minister. Collections includes the diary and records of WIlliams in seventeen volumes. Volume one -thirteen (diary) was written chronologically from 1852-1894. Volumes fourteen and fifteen include records and his account book. Volume sixteen and seventeen contain his cash book and other records. Volume eighteen incudes his last will and testament.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Church records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Diaries Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Membership lists Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Presbyterian Church -- Clergy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Presbyterian Church -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Presbyterian Church -- Pennsylvania Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Religion Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Williams, Moses Allen, 1811-1897
- Guide to the Moses Allen Williams Diary and Records
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Jenn Newby
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English