Boyd J. Jackson papers
Scope and Contents note
The collection consists of correspondence and documents relating to the affairs of the Klamath Native Americans and the Klamath Reservation, Oregon. There are approximately 1,500 letters in the collection.
- Jackson, Boyd J. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Boyd J. Jackson was secretary of the business committee of the Klamath Tribal Council and a tribal delegate. He was married and had a son.
2 linear feet (4 containers)
Language of Materials
Boyd J. Jackson was secretary of the business committee of the Klamath Tribal Council and a tribal delegate. The collection consists of correspondence and documents relating to the affairs of the Klamath Native Americans and the Klamath Reservation, Oregon.
Collection is organized into three series: Series I. Indian Affairs papers; Series II. Loan Board papers; Series III. Delegate papers.
General Physical Description note
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Klamath Indian Reservation (Or.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Klamath Indians -- Politics and government Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Klamath Tribal Council
- Native Americans Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Boyd J. Jackson Papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by Vida Germano
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA