Scope and Contents
The collection consists of sermons by Goodsell arranged in the original numerical order, and kept in the original envelopes that contain notations regarding bible/religious text used, subject of sermon, and locations and dates where sermon was given. Collection includes 771 sermons, 1910-1947.
- Creation: 1910-1947
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Dr. Henry Guy Goodsell (1880-1968) was a Methodist Episcopal minister who served congregations in Wisconsin, Colorado, and Oregon.
2 linear feet (4 containers)
Language of Materials
Dr. Henry Guy Goodsell (1880-1968) was a Methodist Episcopal minister who served congregations in Wisconsin, Colorado, and Oregon. The collection consists of 771 sermons that contain notations regarding bible/religious text used, subject of sermon, and locations where sermon was given and dates used.
Collection is arranged in the original numerical order, 1-771.
4 manuscript boxes
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Methodist Episcopal Church--Doctrines (Organization)
- Methodist Episcopal Church--Illinois--Urbana--Clergy (Organization)
- Goodsell, H. Guy (Henry Guy), 1880-1968 (Person)
- Guide to the Henry Guy Goodsell Sermons
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).