George Washington Dunn legislative correspondence
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence from constituents and other interested parties.
Correspondence is arranged chronologically by date and includes requests from and advice of constituents, and political negotiations, 1923-1939.
The collection contains about 2,500 letters.
- Dunn, George Washington, 1864-1961 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
George Washington Dunn (1864-1961) was an Oregon politician. He first served as a Republican in the Oregon State House of Representatives, from 1895-1896. He then served as a Republican in the Oregon State Senate, representing Jackson County, 1923-1942.
1.5 linear feet (3 containers)
Language of Materials
George Washington Dunn (1864-1961) served as a Republican in the Oregon legislator, first in the House and then from 1923-1942, in the Senate. The collection contains correspondence from constituents and other interested parties. concerns requests from and advice of constituents, and political negotiations.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
3 manuscript boxes.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Legislators -- Oregon -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1859-1950 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon. Legislative Assembly. Senate
- Politicians -- Oregon -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Republican Party (Or.)
- Guide to the George Washington Dunn Legislative Correspondence
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA