Scope and Contents
The papers include correspondence (including about 6,000 letters), legislative documents, and subject files concerning his career as general manager of the Alexander-Yawkey Lumber Co., member of the Oregon State Board of Forestry, the Eastern Oregon Lumber Survey Group, and the Western Pine Association, and president of the Midstate Lumber and Manufacturing Company.
- Majority of material found within 1936-1955
- Daggett, Junior F., 1891-1960 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Junior F. Daggett (1891-1960) was a lumberman in Prineville, Oregon.
11 linear feet (22 containers) : 21 manuscript boxes and 1 flat box
Language of Materials
Junior F. Daggett (1891-1960) was a lumberman in Prineville, Oregon. Papers include correspondence, legislative documents, and subject files relating to Daggett's work in the lumber industry spanning multiple organizations.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Mrs. Junior F. Daggett.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Alexander-Yawkey Lumber Company (Prineville, Or.)
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Daggett, Junior F., 1891-1960
- Daggett, Junior F., 1891-1960
- Eastern Oregon Lumber Survey Group
- Forestry and Forestry Products Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Forestry law and legislation -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lumber trade -- Government policy -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lumber trade -- West (U.S.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lumbering -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lumbermen -- Oregon -- Prineville Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon State Board of Forestry
- Western Pine Association
- Guide to the Junior F. Daggett papers
- Revise Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Cassie Schmitt.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).