Samuel and Permelia Nebeker to Seldon Warner deed of land
Scope and Contents
This collection is comprised of a Deed of Land documenting the sale of land from Samuel and Permelia Nebeker to Seldon Warner, all of Linn County, Oregon. The piece of land in question is located in Sections 14, 15, 22, and 23, Township 15, South range 3, and amounts to three hundred and twenty acres. Total cost for the land was $1000. The deed was endorsed by James Elkins, Linn County recorder.
- 1863 March 16
- Nebeker, Samuel, 1824-1881 (Person)
- Nebeker, Permelia, 1829- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Samuel Nebeker was born in Newport, Delaware on February 19, 1824. During the Civil War, he served in the 5th Delaware Infantry. On September 12, 1847 at Edgar, Illinois, Samuel married Permelia Wilson, a Kentucky native (b. 1829). The couple lived with Samuel's parents, George and Susannah, for several years before moving to Oregon sometime during the 1860's. By the 1870's census the family had moved to Adin, California; in fact, Samuel Nebeker is listed as the first settler to Adin. In Adin, Samuel took up work as a farmer, and Permilia worked raising their eleven children. Permelia moved to Alameda, California after Samuel's death in 1881, where she lived with her daughter, Norah, and son-in-law, James Potter.
0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Collection is comprised of a Deed of Land documenting the sale of land from Samuel and Permelia Nebeker to Seldon Warner, all of Linn County, Oregon.
Collection is comprised of a single item. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing.
- Deeds Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Frontier and pioneer life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legal documents -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Linn County (Or.) -- History Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Oregon -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Guide to the Deed of Land, Samuel and Permelia Nebeker to Seldon Warner
- Preliminary Description
- Rachel Lilley
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA