Bridge Camp Christmas Dinner Menu
Scope and Contents
Collection is comprised of a menu for the Christmas dinner served at Bridge Camp, Oregon in 1921. The menu includes not only a listing of the foods served at dinner, but the cost per plate (forty cents, paid in advance), and the quantity of each item (e.g. "Promised Turkey, lean, Absent").
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The menu states that it was cooked at "Bridge Camp, Caves Road, Oregon" on Christmas Day, 1921 by Chef Richard Manning. Caves Road may refer to the road leading to the Oregon Caves (called Caves Highway/Highway 46). Therefore, "Bridge Camp" could refer to any of the bridges along the historic route to the Caves: Grayback Creek Bridge, Lake Creek Bridge, Sucker Creek Bridge, or Kelley Creek Bridge.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Collection is comprised of a menu for the Christmas dinner served at Bridge Camp, Oregon in 1921.
Collection contains one item, arranged chronologically.
- Dinners and dining -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Menus Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Caves National Monument (Or.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pacific Northwest History Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Bridge Camp Dinner Menu
- Preliminary Description
- Rachel Lilley.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.