Collection consists of correspondence and documents concerning a wide variety of regional and national activities and associations. Most relate to the promotion of commercial and human welfare, often in the area of conservation and social legislation. Of particular importance are the files related to timber as collateral, the Columbia Basin Inter-Agency Committee, and the National Reclamation Association. In most of the organizations represented in the files, Dana either held office or was consulted as an expert adviser.
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Marshall Newport Dana was a newspaperman and publicist.
12 linear feet (8 containers)
Language of Materials
Processing Information note
Collection is processed.
- Columbia Basin Inter-Agency Committee
- Conservation of natural resources -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Dana, Marshall N. (Marshall Newport), 1885-1966
- Forest conservation -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Forests and forestry -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Journalists -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Reclamation Association. Convention
- Timber -- Economic aspects -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Marshall Newport Dana papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English