Scope and Contents
The collection contains a typed manuscript and an accompanying letter explaining the donation and that it be restricted until June 30, 1990.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Wallace Baldinger was a professor of Art at University of Oregon, and later became Director of the Museum of Art (now the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art). His tenure at the University began in 1944 and ended in 1970.
In 1983, Baldinger was asked to write his recollections about the Museum of Art during his employment and directorship at the university. He donated this manuscript to the University Archives with the stipulation that it remain closed until June 30, 1990.
0.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 manuscript box
Language of Materials
Wallace Baldinger was a professor of Art at University of Oregon, and later became Director of the Museum of Art (now the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art). The collection contains a manuscript written in 1983, by Baldinger, titled, "The University Museum of Art During My University Tenure, 1944-1970."
Collection processed by Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Art museum directors -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Baldinger, Wallace S. (Wallace Spencer), 1905-1993
- College art museums -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College teachers -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colleges and Universities Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene -- History -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Oregon
- University of Oregon
- University of Oregon. Museum of Art
- Guide to the Wallace Baldinger Papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).