University of Oregon Basketball Exhibition Tour of the Far East records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains documentation regarding the UO Basketball exhibition tour, including a diary of the trip to Asia, kept by J. O. Lindstrom containing itineraries, descriptions of events, and travel. There are also reports, and report notes containing information regarding all aspects of the tour, the student athletes, and finances. Also available are programs about the tour, and business cards collected while on tour.
The collection also contains newspaper clippings, photographs, correspondence, and postcards regarding the exhibition tour.
- Lindstrom, J. Orville, -1993 (Person)
- University of Oregon (Organization)
- University of Oregon. Department of Athletics (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
In 1954, the University of Oregon Basketball team undertook an exhibition tour of Asia. J.O. Lindstrom, the Business Manager for the tour, kept a diary and produced a final report about the tour.
0.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 manuscript box
Language of Materials
In 1954, the University of Oregon Basketball team undertook an exhibition tour of Asia and the Business Manager for the tour, J.O. Lindstrom, accompanied the student athletes and kept a diary. The collection (1954-1955) contains Lindstrom's diary, reports, and also programs and itineraries of the tour, correspondence and postcards, photographs, collected business cards, and newspaper clippings.
Collection processed by Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Basketball -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Business cards Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Clippings Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Colleges and Universities Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Itineraries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Ducks (Basketball team)
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Postcards Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Programs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- University of Oregon
- University of Oregon. Department of Athletics
- Guide to the University of Oregon Basketball Exhibition Tour of the Far East Records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).