Thomas Brady, Sr. collection of conservative materials
Scope and Contents
The collection contains conservative correspondence, pamphlets, and publications sent to Brady by individuals and conservative groups.
Groups include the Theocratic Party, The Cuban Newsletter by the Democratic Revolutionary Front, The Church of God, The Protestant War Veterans of the United States, The Vigilantes, Union Research Institute, and the publication Women's Voice.
Individuals include James T. M. Bleakley and Leland Lovelace.
Subjects include anti-communism, anti-Catholicism, and the main subject seems to be anti-Semitism.
- Brady, Thomas Allan, 1902-1964 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Thomas A. Brady, was a professor and administrator at the University of Missouri and "was the last individual to hold the position of Vice President in Charge of Extra-Divisional Educational Activities." In 1955, when a name change was instituted for this position, he became the first Dean for Extra-Divisional Administration.
During his tenure, individuals and organizations sent Brady correspondence, articles, publications and other material regarding conservative causes. Brady's son, Thomas Brady Jr., donated this group of materials to Special Collections while he was History Professor at the University of Oregon.
0.25 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Thomas A. Brady, (1902- ?) was a professor and administrator at the University of Missouri. The collection contains conservative correspondence, pamphlets, and publications sent to Brady by individuals and conservative groups.
Collection processed by Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Anti-Catholicism -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Antisemitism -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bleakley, James T. M.
- Brady, Thomas Allan, 1902-1964
- Church of God
- Conservatism -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Conservatives -- United States -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Frente Revolucionario Democrático
- Lovelace, Leland
- Politics and Politicians Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Printed ephemera Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Propaganda, Anti-communist -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Protestant War Veterans of the United States
- Theocratic Party (Great Britain)
- Vigilantes (Organization)
- You lian yan jiu suo (Kowloon, China)
- Guide to the Thomas Brady, Sr. Collection of Conservative Materials
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).