Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC), Company 2110 newspaper
Scope and Contents
The newspaper of Company 2110 is titled Oracle.
The undated issue contains information regarding the educational opportunities for CCC members, including class descriptions, and also news about camp inspections, individual members, sports matches (basketball and boxing), and a "ghostwritten" page of teasing anecdotes about members and happenings at camp.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
The collection contains one undated issue of the Civilian Conservation Corps (Cheshire, OR), Company 2110 camp newspaper, titled the Oracle, undated. Company 2110 was stationed at Camp Long Tom.
Collection processed by Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Cheshire (Or.) -- Newspapers Subject Source: Local sources
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.)
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.). Company 2110 (Cheshire, Or.)
- New Deal, 1933-1939 -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newspapers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Parks -- Oregon -- Long Tom River Valley Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reforestation -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC), Company 2110 Newspaper
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA