San Francisco Market Review newspaper
Scope and Contents
This issue of the newspaper reports on a "review of the market for the week ending Friday morning, July 1, 1870."
The newspaper provides details of agriculture imports, exports, freights, and charters of produce and implements such as: bags, breads, building materials, candles, fruits, dry goods, fish, gun powder, malt liquor, matches, metals, oils, paper, petroleum, rice, walt soap, spices, spirits, teas, tobacco, wines, washing powder, etc...
Information on financial issues relating to loan rates and labor rates is given, as is information on duties paid to the custom house, and current wholesale prices of specific goods.
- 1870 July 1
- San Francisco Market Review (Firm) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
The collection contains one issue of the San Francisco Market Review, Vol. IV, No. 137, July 1, 1870.
Collection processed by Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Agriculture -- Economic aspects -- California -- History -- 19th century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- California Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Newspapers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- San Francisco (Calif.) -- History -- 19th century -- Sources Subject Source: Lcnaf
- San Francisco (Calif.) -- commerce -- Newspapers Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Guide to the San Francisco Market Review Newspaper
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA