James W. Neeve letters to Janet Marshall
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of twenty-seven letters from Neeve to Janet Marshall.
Neeve describes his experiences in the Yukon in considerable detail. He explains his work as part of a dredging operation in Bear Creek and Dawson, as well as his reactions to the Canadian scenery.
A small number of clippings that Neeve sent to Marshall are also included in the collection.
- 1928 August 20 - 1932 February 15
- Neeve, James W. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
James W. Neeve was an englishman who worked on a dredging crew in the Yukon territory of Canada. The collection (1928-1932) contains letters from Neeve to Janet Marshall.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Alaska Subject Source: Local sources
- Canada -- Description and travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Gold dredging -- Yukon -- Bear Creek (Creek) Subject Source: Local sources
- Gold dredging -- Yukon -- Dawson Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gold miners -- Yukon -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gold mines and mining -- Yukon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Yukon -- Description and travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the James W. Neeve Letters to Janet Marshall
- Complete Description
- Austin Munsell and Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA