Harvey Gordon Starkweather papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of a typed history of Clackamas School District No. 28 from 1856 to 1922.
The history was part of an address delivered by Starkweather at the dedication of the "reconstructed and enlarged Concord School Building, September 16, 1922."
- Starkweather, H. G., 1868-1951 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Harvey G. Starkweather was a farmer, educator, and the son of Oregon pioneers. He became superintendent of schools in Clackamas County, Oregon, and also served as superintendent of schools in La Grande, Oregon.
Starkweather also served on President Woodrow Wilson's commission that was sent to study Europe and rural credits, and country life. The report from that study informed the Federal Farm Loan Act.
In 1922, Starkweather was elected to the presidency of the Society of Sons and Daughters of Oregon Pioneers. He was also active in the Scottish Rite Masons, the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, the Benevolent Protective Order of Elks, and the Oregon State Grange.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Harvey G. Starkweather was a farmer, educator, and one time superintendent of Clackamas County (Oregon) schools. The collection consists of a typed history of Clackamas School District No. 28 from 1856 to 1922.
Collection processed by Austin Munsell, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Addresses Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Clackamas School District No. 28 (Or.)
- Concord Elementary School (Milwaukie, Or.)
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Public schools -- Oregon -- Clackamas County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- School superintendents -- Oregon -- Clackamas County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Schools -- Oregon -- Clackamas County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Starkweather, H. G., 1868-1951
- Guide to the Harvey Gordon Starkweather Papers
- Complete Description
- Austin Munsell, Tanya Parlet, and Kira B. Homo.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA