Mabel V. Funk manuscript
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of a typed manuscript by Mabel V. Funk of Campe Verde, Arizona.
The manuscript, titled Siegfried Follies: The Adventures of a veteran and his wife on the Oregon homestead they won in a Government drawing, may be an autobiographical account of Funk's experiences in Oregon.
It details the trials and tribulations of a couple who take up residence on a homestead outside of Portland, Oregon.
- Funk, Mabel V. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Mabel V. Funk and her husband (may have) won an Oregon homestead by a government drawing. She wrote about the homesteading experience in a manuscript which may be an autobiographical account.
0.25 linear feet (1 container)
Language of Materials
The collection consists of a typed manuscript by Mabel V. Funk of Campe Verde, Arizona regarding the homestead she and her husband won by government drawing (date unknown).
1 half manuscript box.
Collection processed by Austin Munsell.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Autobiographies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Farm life -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Farmers -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Homestead law -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Guide to the Mabel V. Funk Manuscript
- Complete Description
- Austin Munsell and Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA