Charles C. Lewis letter and photographs
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of a typed transcription of a letter from Lewis to his mother, and two matted photographs.
In the letter, Lewis describes an attempt to set up heliographs atop Mt. Adams and Mt. Jefferson for the U.S. Signal service in July of 1895. Over 26 pages, he goes into considerable detail describing the expedition.
- 1895 August 18
- Lewis, Charles C., active 1894-1907 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Charles C. Lewis was a member of the Mazama climbing club.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Charles C. Lewis was a member of the Mazama climbing club. The collection consists of a letter by Lewis describing an expedition to set up heliographs atop Mt. Adams and Mt. Jefferson, as well as two matted photographs of Mt. Jefferson.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Adams, Mount (Wash.) -- Description and travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Heliograph Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jefferson, Mount (Or.) -- Description and travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jefferson, Mount (Or.) -- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. Army. Signal Corps
- Guide to the Charles C. Lewis Letter and Photographs
- Complete Description
- Austin Munsell, Tanya Parlet, and Kira B. Homo.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).