Willamette University warrants for service as teachers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of three warrants made out to teachers for services rendered to Willamette University.
All of the warrants are signed by E. N Cooke.
The named recipients are S. J. Powell and Thomas Crawford.
- 1863 July 16-1864 May 28
- Willamette University (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Willamette University began as a missionary Methodist mission for Native Americans living in the Willamette Valley. The mission failed to thrive and was turned into a school for children of settlers. On February 1, 1942, a board of trustees was appointed and a constitution and bylaws were adopted for the new school, which was named the Oregon Institute. This event marked the founding of Willamette University.
[source: Willamette University website, history of school]
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Willamette University was founded on February 1, 1942, when a board of trustees was appointed and a constitution and bylaws were adopted for the school, which was then named the Oregon Institute. The collection consists of three warrants made out to teachers for services rendered to Willamette University, 1863-1864.
Collection processed by Austin Munsell, 2012.
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Salem Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Teachers -- Oregon -- Salem Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Salem Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Warrants Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Willamette University
- Guide to the Willamette University Warrants for Service as Teachers
- Complete Description
- Austin Munsell, Tanya Parlet, and Kira B. Homo.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA