Scope and Contents
The collection contains records that document the functions and activities of this department.
Collection is organized by accession and includes the following material:
As of 2012 there is only one accession:
Accession 2002s.247.A: Scrapbook, 1961-1966.
- Orchesis (Dance group : University of Oregon) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Orchesis was a student athletic club of modern dance that was established in 1938. It is no longer active.
0.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 manuscript box
Language of Materials
Orchesis was a student athletic club of modern dance that was established in 1938. The collection includes a scrapbook.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Orchesis.
Collection processed by Jenn Newby and Tanya Parlet, 2012.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing. Multiple accession(s) for the collection have not been merged or organized as a whole. Each accession is described separately.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colleges and Universities Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Modern dance -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Orchesis (Dance group : University of Oregon)
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Oregon
- Guide to the Orchesis Records
- Complete Description
- Jenn Newby
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).