Students' Cooperative Association records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains records that document the functions and activities of this department.
Collection is organized by accession and includes the following material:
Accession 11209.A: Scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, photographs, and membership applications, 1930-1960.
Accession 12.203.A: a history of student cooperatives at UO, 2011.
- Students' Cooperative Association (Eugene, Or.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The Students' Cooperative Association in Eugene, Oregon is a student-owned housing organization that offers cooperative living arrangements for members. The cooperative includes the houses Campbell Club, Lorax Manner, and the Janet Smith cooperative. The houses are near the University of Oregon campus and one house is geared toward graduate students. Membership includes both room and board; members share responsibility for the daily functions of the house.
6.95 linear feet (5 containers) : 1 (16.5 x 12”) record storage box, 3 (18 x 13") flat boxes, 1 (13” x 10”) flat box
Language of Materials
The Students' Cooperative Association in Eugene, Oregon is a student-owned housing organization that offers cooperative living arrangements for members who live in the Campbell Club, Lorax Manner, and the Janet Smith cooperative. This collection includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and photographs, 1930-1960.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by the Student's Cooperative Association.
Continued transfers of records from the Student Cooperative Association are expected indefinitely.
Collection processed by Jenn Newby and Tanya Parlet, 2012.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing. Multiple accession(s) for the collection have not been merged or organized as a whole. Each accession is described separately.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Clippings Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colleges and Universities Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Student housing -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Students' Cooperative Association (Eugene, Or.)
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Oregon
- Guide to the Students' Cooperative Association Records
- Complete Description
- Jenn Newby
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).